Apostille di Rusia is the process of legalizing documents for use in foreign countries that are parties to the Apostille Convention. The Apostille Convention is an international treaty that simplifies the process of legalizing documents for use abroad. This treaty was signed by Russia on March 14, 1997, and entered into force on January 1, 1998.
What is an Apostille?
An apostille is a certificate that authenticates the origin of a public document. It is issued by a competent authority in the country where the document was issued. The apostille certifies the authenticity of the signature, the capacity in which the person signing the document acted, and the identity of any stamp or seal affixed to the document.
When is an Apostille Required?
An apostille is required when a public document issued in one country needs to be presented in another country. For example, if you are getting married in another country, you may need to present a birth certificate that has been apostilled. Similarly, if you are applying for a job in another country, you may need to present a degree certificate that has been apostilled.
How to Get an Apostille in Russia?
To get an apostille in Russia, you need to follow these steps:
- Make sure your document is a public document.
- Get the document notarized by a Russian notary public.
- Get the document legalized by the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Take the document to the Embassy or Consulate of the country where you need to use the document to get an apostille.
What Documents Can Be Apostilled?
The following types of documents can be apostilled:
- Public documents issued by a government authority, such as birth certificates, marriage certificates, and death certificates.
- Official documents, such as diplomas, degrees, and transcripts issued by a school or university.
- Documents issued by a court, such as judgments, orders, and writs.
- Administrative documents, such as notarial acts and declarations, and official certificates that are placed on documents, such as a certificate of authenticity or a certificate of registration.
How Long Does it Take to Get an Apostille in Russia?
The time it takes to get an apostille in Russia varies depending on the type of document and the country where you need to use the document. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few days to several weeks. It is advisable to start the process as early as possible to avoid any delays.
How Much Does it Cost to Get an Apostille in Russia?
The cost of getting an apostille in Russia depends on the type of document and the country where you need to use the document. Generally, the cost is between 1500-3000 rubles ($20-$40 USD). However, the cost can vary depending on the specific requirements of the country where you need to use the document.
Getting an apostille in Russia can be a complicated process, but it is necessary if you need to use a public document in a foreign country. It is important to follow the proper procedure and allow enough time for the process to be completed. With the right preparation and knowledge, you can ensure that your documents are legally recognized and usable in any country that is a member of the Apostille Convention.